Read Alberta eBooks
Read local! This collection includes over 1,000 Alberta-published eBooks from 24 Alberta publishers.
Accessing eBooks on your Computer
- To read an eBook from the Alberta eBooks collection, you will need to install Adobe Digital Editions.
- Authorize Digital Editions.
- If you have the cloudLibrary app installed on your computer, Digital Editions will authorize with your information from the cloudLibrary app.
- If you do not have cloudLibrary installed on your computer, authorize with an Adobe ID. (If the authorization window does not appear when you open Digital Editions click Help – Authorize Computer.)
- Visit prl.cantookstation.com
- Click Sign Up. Enter your library card and pin.
- Click a title you want to borrow.
- Click Borrow. Click Download. A file will appear at the bottom of your browser. Open the file.
- The book will open in Digital Editions.
Transferring eBooks to eReaders
- Follow the instructions for Accessing eBooks on a Computer.
- Make sure Adobe Digital Editions is open.
- Connect your eReader to your computer with the device’s USB cable. Click Connect on your eReader. Your eReader will show up as a device in the left bar of Digital Editions.
- Select the book you want to transfer and drag it to your device.
- Eject your eReader from your computer and unplug the USB cable.
Accessing eBooks on your Tablet
- Access the app store on your device and search for the free Bluefire Reader app. Install.
- Open the app. You will be prompted for an Adobe ID. If you don’t have an Adobe ID create on by following the Create a free Adobe ID link. Input your information and tap Authorize. Once the app is authorized, exit out of Blufire Reader.
- In the browser on your device go to prl.cantookstation.com.
- Tap Sign Up. Enter your library card and pin.
- Tap the title you want to borrow.
- Tap Borrow. Tap Download. Tap Open in “Bluefire Reader”.
- The book will open in Bluefire Reader. Choose to read now or read later.